Web Framework Reviews

istvan.albert at gmail.com istvan.albert at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 14:09:45 EDT 2005

> It seems to me that you really never tracked Nevow, your information is
> very incomplete. I think you should complete it before talking about  Nevow

I think you should take what you posted above and put it up on your
main site, because right now there is no way to find any information
like this.  Your entire intro is about templating and leaves one with
no clues as to what else is there.

One remark regarding stan. For me it is inconceivable that one would
build (and debug) any complicated webpage as stan does it, one element
at a time:

 docFactory = loaders.stan(
        t.html[t.head[t.title["Session example"]],
            t.body[display_session]]
    )

The pages that I have to build invariably contain multiple nested html
tables etc. I shudder to think that I would ever have to build them
like that. I know you have an "inverse" ZPT like templates those are a
lot friendlier on the eyes. For someone who is does not know what Nevow
is seeing an example of Stan is very scary  because IMO it does not
scale at all. This again is just an opinion.

Thanks for the explanations.

Istvan.