SciPy and NetCDF

skilpat at gmail.com skilpat at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 11:24:03 EDT 2005

I am going to be doing a lot of work with large data sets stored in
various netCDF files, and after checking out the alternatives, I would
really like to go with SciPy. The problem is that SciPy offers no
native netCDF support. I have checked out pycdf at
http://pysclint.sourceforge.net/pycdf/, but it requires Numerical
Python. Is there any way to get this working with SciPy without
installing more modules? The less my sysadmin has to install the
better. We are using Python 2.2.1 (and I don't know if upgrading is an
option).

Thanks in advance,
Scott