Dabo in 30 seconds?

Paul Rubin http
Sun Jul 31 04:03:22 EDT 2005

Cliff Wells <cliff at develix.com> writes:
> Then why are you using Python at all?  Shouldn't you be in the "safe
> home" of Java or Visual Basic, where "standards" are all you have?

I don't know about VB but Java does a much better job of supporting
standards than Python does.  Python's advantage is in being a much
more pleasant language to code in.  It would benefit greatly from also
doing a better job implementing standards.  Many or most of the Python
library modules that purport to implement standards just sort of
get halfway there and then stop.