How to store "3D" data? (data structure question)

Sebastian Bassi sbassi at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 14:11:16 EDT 2005

On 20 Jul 2005 10:47:50 -0700, Graham  Fawcett <graham.fawcett at gmail.com> wrote:
> This looks a lot like 2D data (row/column), not 3D. What's the third
> axis? It looks, too, that you're not really interested in storage, but
> in analysis...

I think it as 3D like this:
1st axis: [MARKER]Name, like TDF1, TDF2.
2nd axis: Allele, like 181, 188 and so on.
3rd axis: Line: RHA280, RHA801.

I can have a star in MarkerName TDF1, Allele 181 and Line RHA280.
I can have an empty (o none) in TDF1, Allele 181 and Line RHA801.

What I like to know is what would be a suitable structure to handle this data?
thank you very much!

--
web sin popups ni spyware: Usa Firefox en lugar de Internet
Explorer</a>