A replacement for lambda

Mike Meyer mwm at mired.org
Sun Jul 31 00:30:36 EDT 2005

bokr at oz.net (Bengt Richter) writes:

> On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 18:07:31 -0400, Mike Meyer <mwm at mired.org> wrote:
>>I know, lambda bashing (and defending) in the group is one of the most
>>popular ways to avoid writing code. However, while staring at some Oz
>>code, I noticed a feature that would seem to make both groups happy -
>>if we can figure out how to avoid the ugly syntax.
> try
>
>     http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?as_q=anonymous+def&as_ugroup=comp.lang.python
>
> for much discussion of this ;-)

Well, that pretty much kills that. I knew there had been a lot of
discussion about anonymous functions, anonymous blocks, and of course
various lambda replacements. But I didn't realize almost exactly this
proposal had been discussed before. Shouldn't surprise me, though.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to read and respond.

       <mike