writing a web client

Fuzzyman fuzzyman at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 08:27:28 EDT 2005

Ajar wrote:
> I want to write a program which will automatically login to my ISPs
> website, retrieve data and do some processing. Can this be done? Can
> you point me to any example python programs which do similar things?
>
> Regards,
> Ajar

Very easily. Have a look at my article on the ``urllib2`` module.

http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/articles.shtml#http

You may need to use ClientCookie/cookielib to handle cookies and may
have to cope with BASIC authentication. There are also articles about
both of these as well.

If you want to handle filling in forms programattically then the module
ClientForm is useful (allegedly).

Best Regards,

Fuzzyman
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python