Accepted Summer of Code proposals

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sun Jul 3 16:16:59 EDT 2005

"Peter Decker" <pydecker at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:ca55a99005070312216fee5ca7 at mail.gmail.com...

>> Is it right that two Wax proposals were accepted?
>
> Or that Wax is being promoted over Dabo, which wraps wxPython just as
> elegantly in its UI tier, and which is further along (more controls
> supported) than Wax, is more powerful (data binding is built in), and
> is still being actively developed? I looked at Wax, but it seems to be
> at best a side project to Hans, with no goal in sight. Dabo blew me
> away with just how easy it is to create UI apps without all that C++
> cruft that wxPython inherits from wxWidgets.

Proposals were made by applicants who sent them to Google who forwarded
them as they deemed fit.  Of those received, PSF accepted at least in part
based on mentor commitments.

Some of the Python proposals were based on projects listed on the PyWiki
project proposal page and/or discussion on the special mailing list, both
announced here.  I don't remember any Dabo projects listed, so I suspect
PSF either received no Dabo proposals or had no Dabo mentors.

Terry J. Reedy