An absolute Newbie question

Justin Straube JustinStraube at notmymailbox.com
Sun Jul 10 18:15:46 EDT 2005

wpog wrote:

> I have a question about using "IDLE", and that is whenever I start write my
> own program in the "Python Shell" it will automatically execute whatever
> command I have written, for example: >>> print 'Hello World"
>
> So, how to I get it to not execute, so that I can write a program that has
> ordinary executable functions, and stuff like that?

Also if you open IDLE and in the menu bar go to Options >> Configure IDLE,
select the 'General' tab and you can specify if you want the interactive prompt
  or an Edit Window to open at startup.

Then hitting F5 will execute the written code, and you can also go to Run >>
Python Shell and open an interactive prompt window.

Justin