socket programming

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Tue Jul 19 17:42:38 EDT 2005

On 2005-07-19, Helge Aksdal <helge at aksdal.net> wrote:

> if i then change to a console window, and telnet to this
> server it sends me to another one.

What do you mean "sends me to another one"?

The telnet protocol doesn't have any sort of "redirect"
capability.

> That's probably why my program dies, how can i get my code to
> handle this?

I don't understand what "this" is.  If the server is sending
you some sort of redirect message, then parse it and obey it.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I'm RELIGIOUS!! I
                                  at               love a man with a