pickle alternative

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou tzot at sil-tec.gr
Fri Jul 8 09:12:51 EDT 2005

On 4 Jul 2005 19:45:07 -0700, rumours say that simonwittber at gmail.com
might have written:

>    Time and space efficiency, and security do not have to be mutually
>    exclusive features of a serializer. Python does not provide, in the
>    standard library, a serializer which can work safely with untrusted
>    data which is time and space efficient. The proposed gherkin module
>    goes some way to achieving this. The format is simple enough to
>    easily write interoperable implementations across platforms.

I cannot readily check the source code because your web server listens
on port 82 (we're behind a strict firewall), so I don't know if my
following question has a reason to exist, but there we go:

Have you considered basing your module on xdrlib, which is more of a
cross-language standard?
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best.
"Dear Paul,