Comparison of functions

Adriano Varoli Piazza moranar at alice.it
Sat Jul 30 13:57:20 EDT 2005

Steven D'Aprano ha scritto:

> Do you understand the difference between partial and total ordering, or
> weakly and strongly ordered? When you do understand them, come back and
> tell me again whether you still think lexicographic sorting has no meaning
> whatsoever.

I think I answered this in another post... If you want to order text
strings (as complex numbers in an index in a book, or in a lexicographic
sort are) do so. I understand the importance it has to you, but it's
hardly reasonable to argue that Python should do the most unintuitive
thing with complex numbers by default just because it suits you.

--
Adriano Varoli Piazza
The Inside Out: http://moranar.com.ar
MSN: adrianomd at hotmail.com