Efficiently Split A List of Tuples

Mon Jul 18 08:52:12 EDT 2005

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 19:38:29 -0700, Raymond Hettinger wrote:

> Executive summary:  Python's for-loops are both elegant and fast.  It
> is a mistake to habitually avoid them.

And frequently much more readable and maintainable than the alternatives.

I cringe when I see well-meaning people trying to turn Python into Perl,
by changing perfectly good, fast, readable pieces of code into
obfuscated one-liners simply out of some perverse desire to optimize for
the sake of optimization.

--
Steven.