Using python to runother programs

adityabhambri at yahoo.com adityabhambri at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 22 13:51:34 EDT 2005

HI guys,
  I am trying to automate some project work which the accounting dept
of the company uses. They have to go through multiple steps to achieve
the final goal. Is there some way that I can use python to automate
these manual steps. I can give you an example.

1. run the crystal report using some ***.excel file

2. Store the output as *.txt file.

3. use accounting software and use the *.txt file (this step can be
excluded)

I don't know how to use python to run the crystal report and save the
output as an txt file using python scripts. Is this even possible?
Thanks.
Sincerely,
Aditya.