any thing to do???

James Stroud jstroud at mbi.ucla.edu
Wed Jul 27 22:44:02 EDT 2005

The world needs an open source tool for working with DNA sequences
graphically. I know what needs to be done, but I am not finding much time to
do it. I have already coded a graphical sequence editor and some cool tools
for sequence analysis. For this project I am using Tkinter as the gui and
biopython as the main code-base. Right now, a critical thing to do would be
to use the Tkinter Canvas to draw plasmid maps. Don't worry if you don't know
what a plasmid is. It is a simple concept. If you want to become a hero to
thousands in a field with 0 competition, this is the place. If you are
interested, let me know. Maybe we can find a way to harness your time and
enthusiasm. If you are good at organization, maybe you could help to turn
this into a true open source project that interfaces with biopython. (Does
anybody recognize the plea-for-help aspect of my message?)

James

--
James Stroud
Box 951570