On fighting fire with fire...

Fri Jul 29 19:47:04 EDT 2005

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 17:24:06 -0400, Asad Habib wrote:

> Well, even if you are a hobbyist, that does not excuse you from being
> civil. After all, we are all humans beings that deserve to be treated with
> respect. Professional, hobbyist, vagabond, ogre, instigator, troll ...
> THERE IS NO EXCUSE ... please treat others with respect.

And yet your earlier angry, aggressive reply to Robert Kern was not very
respectful, don't you think? Your assumption that Robert is wrapped up in
an "academic cocoon" was uncalled for, and viciously aggressive pacifism
like you have displayed is almost as bad as aggressive flaming, and far
worse than Robert's self-depreciating humour.

In any case, I don't agree with you that all people deserve the same
amount of respect. Respect is rare currency, and has to be earned, not
just given away to anyone.

--
Steven.