Listing Processes Running on Remote Machines

George Flaherty George.Flaherty at marketmax.com
Thu Jul 21 09:28:59 EDT 2005

Look into STAF http://staf.sourceforge.net/index.php

-g

-----Original Message-----
From: python-list-bounces+george.flaherty=sas.com at python.org [mailto:python-list-bounces+george.flaherty=sas.com at python.org] On Behalf Of yoda
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2005 9:23 AM
To: python-list at python.org
Subject: Listing Processes Running on Remote Machines

Hello Hackers,
I'm developing a large scale distributed service and part of the requirement is that I be able to monitor clients in a very granular way.

To this end, I'd like to know if there is any way to get a list of all the processes running on a remote client\machine.  I need to be able to do this on demand. (i.e on user demand)

Please note that the clients run heterogeneous operating systems mainly Linux and Windows2000\XP