Python IDE

Florian Diesch diesch at spamfence.net
Wed Jul 20 12:03:46 EDT 2005

linuxfreak <samgurung at gmail.com> wrote:
>    Got going with python...and i must say its a pretty cool language.
> Been using Xemacs to write me programs. But I want an IDE that would

I'm using GNU emacs

> give me auto-completion,

Read the manual about tags and abbrevs
Emacs Language Sensitive Editor (ELSE) <http://www.zipworld.com.au/~peterm>
looks interesting too.

> online help

python-mode has C-c C-h for py-help-at-point

> and the like... Tried SPE and
> Dr.Pyhton but the former crashes regulary and the latter is quite
> unweildy and does not have a great many features. I quite like the UML
> feature found in SPE but the damn thing crashes way too often. What are
> you guys using and what do you think is the best IDE...or should i
> stick with Xemacs/emacs???

I don't like specialized IDE's as I'm using different languages and
don't want to switch my editor for them.

   Florian
--
begin  signature_virus
 Hi! I'm a signature virus. Please copy me to your signature to help me spread.