goto

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 14:06:48 EDT 2005

Steven Bethard wrote:

> Fernando Perez wrote:
>> Steven Bethard wrote:
>>
>>>Download the goto module:
>>>     http://www.entrian.com/goto/
>>>And you can use goto to your heart's content. And to the horror of all
>>>your friends/coworkers. ;)
>>
>> That is actually a _really_ cool piece of code, in terms of showing off the
>> kind of things which are possible in python if you're willing to be a little
>> sneaky.
>
> Yeah, it's pretty slick.  I think most people who see the link don't
> realize that it's actually *working code* for gotos in Python.

For a second I didn't think it was, but the page looked too serious to be just
a mockup (regardless of the April's fool warning at the top).  So I actually
donwloaded the code to see how he did it,  because it wasn't quite obvious to
me after the standard 3 seconds of thought.  It was quite fun the read how he
got it to work.

Cheers,