Wheel-reinvention with Python

André Roberge andre.roberge at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 19:51:44 EDT 2005

Paul McNett wrote:
[snip]
>>Terry Hancock <hancock at anansispaceworks.com> writes:
>
>>>I know I'm diving into this conversation late, and I haven't read
>>>the whole thread, but has someone yet mentioned the "anygui"
>>>project?  This has stalled, but it was IMHO a good idea.

Well, it appears to be more than stalled!
 From http://anygui.sourceforge.net/:
Note: Anygui is no longer being actively developed or supported. These
pages are not up to date.

[snip]

> Now, that was only one part of the original Dabo vision, and the other
> parts of the vision may actually add too much baggage and bloat for
> people just interested in the UI aspect. Dabo also provides an
> Application object, a database layer, and a business object layer. Ed
> and I have discussed the possibility of ripping out the UI layer and
> putting it into a completely separate project for the purpose of getting
> more wxPython users interested. It wouldn't be all that hard to do,
> because we've kept all the UI code separate from the the other stuff by
> design.

Please do!

On a somewhat unrelated note: is there any "overlap"/"possibility of
collaboration" between Dabo-UI and Wax?  (I have use neither, sticking
to pure wxPython so far.)

André