Java RMI-like services in Python

Alan Kennedy alanmk at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 18 07:39:31 EDT 2005

[Maurice LING]
> I am wondering if Python has services or frameworks that does the same
> as Java RMI?

As Harald mentioned, Pyro is firmly in the "Remote Method Invocation"
space. And there's always CORBA, of which there are multiple python and
java implementations. Which might be useful, if you wanted to have a
mixed language implementation.

Another technology that could be very useful for you is Spread, for
which both python and java libraries exist.

http://www.zope.org/Members/tim_one/spread/

[Maurice LING]
> What I am seeking is to do "pseudo-clustering".

[ .. snip .. ]

> I know something like this had been achieved in Java
> (http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-super.html) but
> wondering if it is possible in Python. Is so, how?

So, do you want to

A: Build your own "pseudo-clustering" implementation?

B: Use one that's already been written?

If the answer is the latter, I recommend you take a look at PyLinda.

PyLinda - Distributed Computing Made Easy
http://www-users.cs.york.ac.uk/~aw/pylinda/

--
alan kennedy