functions without parentheses

Josef Meile jmeile at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 29 10:13:36 EDT 2005

Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 06:37:52 +0000, Bengt Richter wrote:
>

>>I suggested in a previous thread that one could support such a syntax by
>>supporting an invisible binary operator between two expressions, so that
>>examine "string" translates to examine.__invisbinop__("string") if
>>examine as an expression evaluates to an object that has a __invisbinop__ method.
>

> Why would you want to?

My best guest is that the OP uses VB, where you can do that. I
personally hate this feature because it just makes me do a lot of
mistakes. ie: In VB you can do:

fooFunction fooParameter

but if you want to assign this to a variable you **must** use this:

fooVer = fooFunction(fooParaMeter)

I really get confused because I automatically use the braces.

Regards,
Josef