Tix example code?

Stuart McGraw smcg4191zz at friizz.RimoovAllZZs.com
Wed Jul 13 17:04:31 EDT 2005

I am having trouble trying to figure out how to use Tix widgets
in a Python program.  The documentation is scanty and in
TCL syntax with no examples.  Specifically, I'm trying to use
a Tix ComboBox widget and haven't been able to figure out
how to initialize the set of values in the widget's list.

Does anyone have some (or a pointer to) simple example
python code that uses TIX widgets (especially the ComboBox)
including subwidgets?  Thanks!...

(And, yes, I looked at the "Mapping Basic Tk into Tkinter "
rosetta stone web page but it did not provide much enlightenment.)