Bug Report / Patch (1159139 cgi.py invalid REQUEST_METHOD set)

Steven Bethard steven.bethard at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 13:03:33 EDT 2005

Joe wrote:
> Back in March I submitted a patch for cgi.py to sourceforge to fix a problem
> with the handling of an invalid REQUEST_METHOD.
>
> I thought I followed all the steps to properly submit the bug and patch but
> the patch is still sitting there in limbo.

Patches get processed when people have the time to review them.

If you'd like to speed up the process, a few people on the python-dev
list have promised to review a patch if the requester reviews 5 other
patches.  So if you want to get your patch looked at:

(1) pick 5 other patches
(2) try them on your system
(3) make a helpful comment on each of the patch trackers
(4) send a summary of your reviews to the python-dev list, along with a
link to the patch you'd like reviewed.

HTH,

STeVe