Defending Python

Donn Cave donn at drizzle.com
Sat Jul 9 11:47:44 EDT 2005

Quoth Dave Cook <davecook at nowhere.net>:
| On 2005-07-08, Charlie Calvert <ccalvert at pacbell.net> wrote:
|
|> I perhaps rather foolishly wrote two article that mentioned Python as a
|> good alternative language to more popular tools such as C# or Java. I
|
| Sounds like a really hidebound bunch over there.  Good luck.

Nah, just normal.  Evangelism is always wasted on the majority of
listeners, but to the small extent it may succeed it depends on
really acute delineation of the pitch.  It's very hard for people
to hear about something without trying to apply it directly to the
nearest equivalent thing in their own familiar context.  Say good
things about language X, and people will hear you saying "give up
using language Y and rewrite everything in language X."  Then they
will conclude that if you would say that, you don't know very much
about their environment.

	Donn Cave, donn at drizzle.com