PyGTK or wxPython (not a flame war) on Windows

Marek Kubica pythonmailing at web.de
Sat Jul 23 19:48:20 EDT 2005

Hello!

> How well does PyGTK run on Windows (98, 2K, XP)? How stable is it? Will
> I be able to make an executable (using Py2Exe) of an application that
> uses PyGTK?

I _do_ like PyGTK on Windows. It works without problems.
You can find a ready to use py2exe script on
http://www.pythonwiki.de/PyGtk. You could also bundle the runtime DLLs with
your py2exe'd application, but I have never done this. You could try doing
this like described here:
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/py2exe-users/2476686 (use the
setup.py script from the wiki and start at (2) in the mail).

HTH.

greets,
Marek

PS: Yes, I admit it is harder than py2exe + wxPython but I still like
PyGTK.