Python vs. Access VBA

Chris Lambacher lambacck at computer.org
Sun Jul 17 11:48:27 EDT 2005

If you are going to go with Python, don't include Access in the mix at all.
If you want a small light-weight, serverless database back-end, you would be
better to go with SQLite.  Its cross platform and well proven.  I think
Firebird will give you that too, though I have never used it.

Most people who use Oracle don't need it.  Unless you REALLY need it (Think
terabytes of data), Oracle is like cracking a nut with a sledge hammer.  You
can do it.  But you have to slug around a lot more weight in order to do what
you can accomplish with a nut cracker.  In other words its overly complicated.

-Chris