goto

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Thu Jul 21 11:50:49 EDT 2005

skip at pobox.com writes:

>     >>> what is the equivalent of C languages' goto  statement in python?
>
>     >> You really shouldn't use goto.
>     >> Fortunately you can't.
>
>     Steven> Of course you can :-)
>
>     Steven> You can write your own Python interpreter, in Python, and add a
>     Steven> goto to it.
>
> Maybe easier would be to write a Python assembler (there's probably already
> one out there) and just write to Python's virtual machine...

The blockstack gets in the way.

Really, I think Richie's goto module is about as "good" as it can get
without vm surgery (apart from the performance, I'd guess).

Cheers,
mwh

--
  Reading Slashdot can [...] often be worse than useless, especially
  to young and budding programmers: it can give you exactly the wrong