ANN: python-constraint 1.0

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo at niemeyer.net
Thu Jul 7 16:47:33 EDT 2005

Hello Alexandre,

> People interested in CSP and python may also want to check Logilab's
> constraint module which has been available from some time at:
>
> http://www.logilab.org/projects/constraint/

Indeed! And please send us some notes comparing both. :-)

The AIMA book inspired me to write that module. IIRC, there's
also some kind of constraint code in Python by one of the book
authors (Peter Norvig). For those who are interested, chapter 5,
which talks about CSPs, may be found in the web site.

> Gustavo, maybe we should coordinate and merge our efforts?

Probably. I confess that even though I'm using CSP logic on
other real world projects, I wrote that module completely for
fun, and was not really caring if I was reinventing the wheel
or not.

> Alexandre Fayolle                              LOGILAB, Paris (France).

I'm currently in Paris, btw.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net