Thoughts on Guido's ITC audio interview

Ville Vainio ville at spammers.com
Fri Jul 1 04:57:48 EDT 2005

    Timothy> Absolutely. I've really tried to use Eclipse - it's the
    Timothy> standard editor for my current project (Java - blegh!). I
    Timothy> *hate* it. It's huge, bulky, slow ... I've gone back to
    Timothy> my text editor. I'm a hell of a lot more

Have you tried the recently released 3.1 version? It seems to be a tad
snappier than the old version.

    Timothy> The only IDE I've ever actually liked using was
    Timothy> Metrowerks CodeWarrior (on MacOS classic). Simple,
    Timothy> unobtrusive. Good project management, without trying to
    Timothy> control every aspect of the development process. And

The debugger in CodeWarrior is quite crappy IMHO. Unlike visual
studio, it doesn't show the return values of function calls. The
editor is also quite lacking, without the ability to create macros
etc.

I agree about the project management part. Though I would still love
to use Eclipse instead, if it only was supported for my line of work
:-/.

    Timothy> it allowed me to use the entire screen for editing if I
    Timothy> wished whilst still having everything readily available.

Eclipse allows this as well. ctrl+m is maximize/unmaximize.

--
Ville Vainio   http://tinyurl.com/2prnb