Accepted Summer of Code proposals

Robert Kern rkern at ucsd.edu
Sun Jul 3 15:45:52 EDT 2005

Peter Decker wrote:
> On 7/2/05, Reinhold Birkenfeld <reinhold-birkenfeld-nospam at wolke7.net> wrote:
>
>>A.M. Kuchling wrote:
>>
>>>For anyone who's interested: the Python wiki now contains a list of the
>>>PSF-mentored proposals that were accepted for Google's Summer of Code:
>>>      http://wiki.python.org/moin/SummerOfCode
>>
>>Is it right that two Wax proposals were accepted?
>
> Or that Wax is being promoted over Dabo, which wraps wxPython just as
> elegantly in its UI tier, and which is further along (more controls
> supported) than Wax, is more powerful (data binding is built in), and
> is still being actively developed?

I would suggest not speculating on biased or malicious intentions. It is
possible that no one applied with a proposal to work on Dabo, or that
such a proposal was poorly written, or that the author had too little
experience, or any number of other things.

(Disclosure: I am now a co-mentor on an unrelated SoC project, but I
wasn't part of the group rating and selecting proposals.)

--
Robert Kern
rkern at ucsd.edu

   -- Richard Harter