Hiding

Jason Drew jasondrew72 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 15:02:49 EDT 2005

Well, using the open function in Python doesn't launch any application
associated with the file (such as Media Player). It just makes the
contents of the file accessible to your Python code. Also, I think
using file("C:\file.txt") is now preferred to open("C:\file.txt").

To answer the specific question of how to play a music file in Python,
search Google Groups for: pygame.mixer.music.load("music.mp3")
That will bring up a useful thread. Note that you will need to install
a module such as pygame or pymedia; they are not in the standard
library.

In general, I would also recommend some of the many good Python
tutorials. Some are listed here:
http://wiki.python.org/moin/BeginnersGuide

Good luck!