Web Framework Reviews

istvan.albert at gmail.com istvan.albert at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 12:56:02 EDT 2005

I have not used Nevow but I have seen a few examples of how it works
and I kept track of it over the years.

It used to be very similar to how Cheetah or ZPT does its job. You had
a template, and you filled it with data to produce an output. It seems
that it has now more features such a form submission and validation.

On the other hand I even in its current form I don't see how I would to
the simple things that I need every day. Create a session, set a
cookie, redirect to another url,  perform HTTP autentication, create
filter,  use another templating language? This is also integral part of
the  functionality that I expect from an web framework. Web specific
things exposed in some python ic way.

To avoid any negative feelings I'll remove all remarks to what I think
is not a web framework.

Istvan.