Which kid's beginners programming - Python or Forth?

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou tzot at sil-tec.gr
Sat Jul 2 06:55:00 EDT 2005

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 12:58:21 -0700, rumours say that Dave Benjamin
<ramen at lackingtalent.com> might have written:

>BORT wrote:
>> I am toying with the idea of teaching my ten year old a little about
>> programming.  I started my search with something like "best FREE
>> programming language for kids."  After MUCH clicking and high-level
>> scanning, I am looking at Python and Forth.  Both have advocates that
>> say each is a great approach to learning computers.

>Kids your backwards talking like if forth love will they then.

I have a nephew that would love Forth only for that.

The perfect language for many kids I know would be Python with boolean
operators reversed.  Oh, and 'print' should be 'do_NOT_print'.
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best.
"Dear Paul,