Printing Docstrings Without Importing

Kamilche klachemin at comcast.net
Sat Jul 30 14:08:29 EDT 2005

I have a large project that is getting complex, and I would like to
print the docstrings without importing the modules. The only Python
utility I could find references is apparently defunct and hasn't been
updated in 4 years.

I don't care how spartan the output is - it could look exactly like
python's internal docstrings, for all I care.  It would be a nice added
bonus if it printed to HTML, but not if it greatly increased the
interface complexity.  But I don't want to have to import the module to
run it! I want to just have a function that I pass a list of filenames
to.

Does anyone know of such a utility?