Defending Python

Brett g Porter bgporter at acm.org
Wed Jul 13 09:15:32 EDT 2005

Jorey Bump wrote:

> Monty Python's Flying Circus used to begin with "It's..." I had read at one
> time that "It's" was one of the original names proposed for the
> troupe/show, although I can't seem to find verification.

"In fact, one of the titles of the show was 'It's', so he must have been
in there fairly early on. On a list of titles I've got scribbled in a
notebook was 'It's' and just 'It,' so that's probably where he came from."

   -- Michael Palin (referring to the "It's" man) in _The First 20 Years
of Monty Python_ by Kim "Howard" Johnson (St. Martin's Press, 1989), p.20

--
//  Today's Oblique Strategy (© Brian Eno/Peter Schmidt):
//  Change instrument roles
//  Brett g Porter * BgPorter at acm.org
//  http://bgporter.inknoise.com/JerseyPorkStore