What are the other options against Zope?

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Mon Jul 4 02:56:37 EDT 2005

phil wrote:
> Peter Hansen wrote:

> Now understand, I know what very well what Python, Apache, PhP,
> MySQL, IE and javascript do.  I just don't know what Zope
> does.
>
> And if the answer is going contain phrases like "brings together"
> or "sits on top of", don't bother. :-)

It's an object oriented database, with a structure that is similar to
files and directories in an ordinary OS.

But it is a lot smarter, because the files and directories are actually
objects with different attributes and parameters.

The methods on these objects can then be called eg. from a web browser
with different parameters. But you can also use other protocols than
http like dav, ftp etc.

This is a very effective way to build web applications, and does not
need sql-object remapping as normal web apps does.

--

hilsen/regards Max M, Denmark

http://www.mxm.dk/
IT's Mad Science