Rich Graphics?

Adriaan Renting renting at astron.nl
Thu Jul 28 11:41:53 EDT 2005

I realy like Qt through PyQt. The combination Eric3+Qtdesigner is quite
useful. Maybe PyQt is not yet ready for the new Qt4 I think, but it does
lot's of the graphical stuff you seem to require.

Adriaan Renting        | Email: renting at astron.nl
ASTRON                 | Phone: +31 521 595 217
P.O. Box 2             | GSM:   +31 6 24 25 17 28
NL-7990 AA Dwingeloo   | FAX:   +31 521 597 332
The Netherlands        | Web: http://www.astron.nl/~renting/
>>> Chris Spencer <usenet.20.evilspam at spamgourmet.com> 07/28/05 1:14 AM

I'm trying to write a Gui in Python for manipulating rich graphical
representations, similar to something like Inkscape. I've tried tkinter,

wxPython, pyGtk, and while they all do traditional widgets well enough,
none of them really handle anti-aliased, transparent, transformed shapes

typical of vector based displays. I've noticed tkZinc, which seems to
better handle vector graphics through the use of openGL, but it's
traditional widget set is still limited and based on tkinter. Ideally,
what I'm looking for is something like wxWidgets which can display SVG
along side standard widgets and allow there manipulation through Python.

I was thinking of a web-based route, by accessing the SVG capabilities
in Mozilla's Deer Park browser through Twisted+Livepage, but this has
been extremely complicated and limiting. Are there any other options I
haven't considered?

Sincerely,
Chris