Ten Essential Development Practices

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 10:39:43 EDT 2005

[Steve Holden]
>> If I canpoint out the obvious, the output from "import this" *is*
>> headed "The Zen of Python", so clearly it isn;t intended to be
>> universal in its applicability.

[Michael Hudson]
> It's also mistitled there, given that it was originally posted as '19
> Pythonic Theses' and nailed to, erm, something.

'Twas actually posted as "20 Pythonic Theses", although most times I
count them I find19.  Nevertheless, that there are in fact 20 was
channeled directly from Guido's perfectly Pythonic mind, so 20 there
must be.  I suspect he withheld one -- although, as some argue, it's
possible he thinks in base 9.5, that just doesn't seem Pythonic to me.