How do you program in Python?

Sybren Stuvel sybrenUSE at YOURthirdtower.com.imagination
Wed Jul 6 08:56:09 EDT 2005

Jorgen Grahn enlightened us with:
> I use no IDE, just emacs for editing my sources, and a terminal
> window or two. And CVS for version control.

Almost the same here, except that I use VIM and Subversion instead of
Emacs and CVS.

> If I get stuck or if the problem is non-trivial, or if I'm writing a
> standalone module, I use module unittest so I have something easily
> runnable at all times. This unittest code doesn't even have to be
> true unit tests -- it can be any speculative code I want, driven by
> the unittest framework.

Same here. I really love unittest!

> Between these two (interactive tinkering and unittest-based code) I
> feel little need for IDEs or 'environments for experimentation'.

I'm usually annoyed by IDEs because, for instance, they don't use VIM
as an editor. Since I'm hooked to that, all IDEs I've used so far have
failed to impress me.

Sybren
                                             Frank Zappa