ANN: CherryPy-2.1.0-beta released

Damjan gdamjan at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 13:15:16 EDT 2005

> I am happy to announce the first beta release of CherryPy-2.1

Can you briefly compare CherryPy to Quixote2 (+session2)?

> unicode decoding/encoding,

This especially interesting to me.
Is CherryPy completelly unicode (and UTF-8) ready.
The thing that frustrates me about quixote2 is that it has a lot of
assumptions that text is a str object in the latin1 encoding.
I succeded to patch quixote to be usable but that may not be enough.

My quixote application works with unicode objects all the time, and the only
place I want UTF-8 is when the content is sent to the client... (or when
its stored in a database or file which I handle myself fine).

--
damjan