How can I import a py script by its absolute path name?

Edvard Majakari edvard+news at majakari.net
Sat Jul 16 15:12:34 EDT 2005

"J.Bijsterbosch" <j.bijsterbosch at hccnet.nl> writes:

> Hmm, what you call special treatment<g> comes from pythons deep underlying C
> and C++ language heietidge I presume. A backslash in a C or C++ string means
> the following character is a so called escape character, like \n represents
> a newline and \r a return to the beginning of a line.
> If you really want a backslash you need to type it twice like so \\. Has
> nothing to do with Windows...;-))

Yes, I'm well aware of that. However, you can say that using '\' as a path
separator needs special treatment, because it is conventionally treated as an
escape character. Moreover, I wans't the one asking for information, I have
privilidge to use real operating systems as a programming platform. Thanks for
enthsiasm, though :)

--
# Edvard Majakari		Software Engineer
# PGP PUBLIC KEY available    	Soli Deo Gloria!