Building Python with Tcl/Tk on Cygwin_NT-5.1

Dean N. Williams williams13 at llnl.gov
Mon Jul 25 15:37:50 EDT 2005

Hi Jason,

    To get "import socket" to work in Python2.4, I had to do something
that I never recomend and that is hack the Python code. Since I need
this to work for someone that is going on travel, I just modified the
socketmodule.c file.

REPLACE:

/* Irix 6.5 fails to define this variable at all. This is needed
   for both GCC and SGI's compiler. I'd say that the SGI headers
   are just busted. */
#if defined(__sgi) && !defined(INET_ADDRSTRLEN)
#define INET_ADDRSTRLEN 16
#endif

WITH:
#define INET_ADDRSTRLEN 16

This is a temporary fix until the Cygwin build works.

Best regards,
    Dean