Yet Another Python Web Programming Question

Bill Mill bill.mill at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 11:54:57 EDT 2005

> Python using CGI, for example, was enough for him until he started
> getting 500 errors that he wasn't sure how to fix.

A common error is that python cgi files need line endings to be in
unix text file format, not windows text file format (\n instead of
\r\n) [1]. Why this is, I don't know, but it causes a lot of errors
for windows folks. I'm a frequent linux/windows switcher, and it's
caused me no end of troubles - if you're getting "premature end of
script headers" in your apache error logs, this may be your problem.

Peace
Bill Mill
bill.mill at gmail.com