wxPython Menu problem

linuxfreak samgurung at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 05:39:12 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I have a problem. I want to add items to a Menu iteratively and I'm
stuck. Heres a snippet of my code

fileMenuChoices=[('&New','Start a New Document',self.onClick),

                 ('&Open File...','Open an Existing Document',
self.onClick),

                 ('&Save','Save Current Document', self.onClick),

                 ('---'),

                 ('E&xit','Close Window', self.onClick),

                 ('&About','Information', self.onClick)]

 fileMenu = wxMenu()
        for opt in fileMenuChoices:
            fmID = wxNewId()
            if(opt[0] != '-'):
                fileMenu.Append(fmID,opt[0], opt[1])
                EVT_MENU(self,fmID,opt[2])
            else:
                fileMenu.AppendSeparator()
        #Creating the MenuBar
        menuBar = wxMenuBar()
        menuBar.Append(fileMenu, "&File")
        self.SetMenuBar(menuBar) #Add menubar to the Frame (Window)

def onClick(self,e):

The problem is I get an error saying  name 'self' not defined...

Any help will be appreciated