Integration with java

Christopher De Vries devries at idolstarastronomer.com
Fri Jan 14 12:18:12 EST 2005

It is possible, though possibly painful, to call java modules from
CPython using JNI. This is more difficult than Jython integration, but
probably required if you want to keep using your extension modules.

The JNI tutorial is available at
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/native1.1/index.html .

I probably would not take this approach unless java offered some
incredibly substantial benefit or I was integrating a complex python
system with a complex java sytem. I would also probably start by
creating a good C API to access the required java modules via JNI and
then use SWIG (http://www.swig.org/) to generate the python wrapper.

Of course if you can drop the extension modules you have already
written, accessing Java from Jython is just an import statement away.
Good luck,

Chris