Crypto in Python: (Was: What's so funny? WAS Re: rotor replacement)

Philippe C. Martin philippecmartin at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 25 10:41:07 EST 2005

>Now what if acipher and this class could be made from part of the core
>distro? Any application could have the option of encryption with only a
>few lines of code:

Just a bit of info on the subject (which you might already have)

I do not know in which country the python.msi is compiled (Deuchland ?),
but most likely, the county has rules like most other as far as crypto
code in binary format export (especially if distributed as part of a
commercial package): for instance, if you want to export a .exe in
France, you usually have to go through the DCSSI, in the USA, the
BIS ..... It is a _long_ and tedious process.

Like you I would love to see crypto support built into python but it
_might_ have an impact on its distribution.

Regards,

Philippe

--
Philippe C. Martin