Readline configuration

Mark Roach mrroach at okmaybe.com
Sat Jan 1 16:11:45 EST 2005

I have readline set up pretty much the same way as in the example in the
python docs (http://docs.python.org/lib/readline-example.html) and
something I find myself doing fairly often is

type some code
    more code
    more code

and then wanting to scroll back through the history to run the same code
again after a module = reload(module). In Windows, this is pretty
convenient as I can use up to move to point x in the history, press enter,
and press down to move to point x+1 in history. Is there any way to get
the same behavior with readline?

It would be great to be able to ctrl+r <type part of first line> then just
hit down+enter to reenter the rest of the code.

Thanks,

Mark