ODBC Connection on Windows XP

Greg Lindstrom greg.lindstrom at novasyshealth.com
Mon Jan 3 14:19:15 EST 2005

I am running Python 2.3 on Windows XP and am trying to connect to an
ODBC datasource.  I have done this many times on this same box but this
time I get an error message saying

dbi.operation-error: [WSOCK32.DLL]Connection refused, is the host
listener running? (#10061) in LOGIN

Not having seen this before, and having used the odbc module for about a
year now, I'm at a quandary; what does this mean and what do I do to fix it?

Thanks!
--greg

--
Greg Lindstrom               501 975.4859
Computer Programmer          greg.lindstrom at novasyshealth.com
NovaSys Health
Little Rock, Arkansas

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."  W.W.