Lambda as declarative idiom (was RE: what is lambda used for in real code?)

Roman Suzi rnd at onego.ru
Mon Jan 3 09:59:24 EST 2005

Hi all,

BTW, Alex Martelli and me have created a PEP 312 some time ago (when the
debate of inline if was hot).

I wish lambdas will not be deprecated in Python but the key to that is
dropping the keyword (lambda). If anybody could think of a better syntax for
lambdas _with_ arguments, we could develop PEP 312 further.

I DO like the idea of support for universal declaratives in Python.  (This way
SQL, Prolog, grammar, DTD, lazy expressions, decision tables (advanced switch
statements) etc things could be added in a Pythonic way.)

We only need brief lambdas and lets (for closures), IMHO.

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
--
rnd at onego.ru =\= My AI powered by GNU/Linux RedHat 7.3