OT: spacing of code in Google Groups

JanC usenet_spam at janc.invalid
Sat Jan 1 23:47:16 EST 2005

Terry Reedy schreef:

> "JanC" <usenet_spam at janc.invalid> wrote in message
> news:Xns95D132B172343JanC at 213.118.32.224...
>> I don't know if gmane keeps formating of messages intact when
>> posting? That could be an alternative too...
>
> Reading posts via gmane with Outlook Express preserves leading spaces
> just fine.  However, OE deletes tabs regardless of what newsgroup
> does.

OE is useless anyway (at least as a newsreader).

I was talking about the gmane web interface as an alternative to Google's.
They have an NNTP server but also three http-based interfaces: RSS-feed,
blog-style & framed (looks more or less like a newsreader).

Tested it in gmane.test, posting through their web interface preserves
whitespace.

--
JanC